Woodrow “Woody” K. Glass
My partner, Stan Ward, and I obtained the largest employment discrimination verdict ($61 million) for an individual plaintiff in the Western District of Oklahoma in the case of Hackworth v. Progressive Insurance Company. I have also successfully prosecuted multimillion-dollar medical malpractice cases in Oklahoma.
I know that some cases can only be resolved in the courtroom where a jury determines the outcome. However, most disputes are capable of resolution through a mediation or settlement conference. My courtroom success, approachable demeanor, zealous advocacy and negotiating skills have allowed my clients to maximize their recovery through negotiated settlements. Negotiating a favorable settlement requires a unique skillset and I embrace those challenges. I have successfully resolved numerous multimillion dollars negotiated settlements for my clients against physicians, hospitals, trucking companies, insurance companies and major retail chains.
I received my bachelor’s degree from Southwestern Oklahoma State University in 1991 and my Juris Doctorate from the University of Oklahoma College of Law in 1994.
I serve as a member of the University of Oklahoma College of Law Board of Visitors and I am a Trustee and Fellow with the Oklahoma Bar Foundation. I am a member of the Professionalism Committee with the Oklahoma Bar Association and was selected to SuperLawyers, recognized by the US News and World Report as a Best Law Firm in Oklahoma, Top 100 American Academy of Attorneys and Top 100 The National Trial Lawyers Association.
I speak frequently at CLE’s and speaks on the topics of employment law, medical negligence, and ethics. Most notably, each year I moderate a fun and entertaining roundtable discussion for the National Business Institute featuring judges from Oklahoma County, Cleveland County and Canadian County.
My greatest accomplishment is my family. I am married to Kacee and together we have four children: Chloe and triplets, Cooper, Grady, and Grace.
Areas Of Practice
- Personal Injury - Plaintiff
- Medical Malpractice - Plaintiff
- Motor Vehicle Accidents - Plaintiff
- Trucking Accidents
- Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect
- Bad Faith Insurance
- Employment Law Litigation
- Wrongful Termination
- Business Litigation
- University of Oklahoma College of Law, Norman, Oklahoma
- J.D. - 1994
- Southwestern Oklahoma State University, Weatherford, Oklahoma
- B.A. - 1991
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: Political Science - History
- Oklahoma, 1995
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Oklahoma, 1995
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Oklahoma, 1995
- U.S. District Court Western District of Oklahoma, 1995
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 1995
Honors and Awards
- Community Service Award - Oklahoma City Association of Black Lawyers
- Super Lawyer
- US News & World Report - Best Law Firms
- Expert Network Distinguished Lawyer
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Board of Visitors OU College of Law, Present
- Oklahoma Bar Foundation Fellows Program, Present
- Expert Network Distinguished Lawyer, Present
- Super Lawyer, Present
- Oklahoma Bar Association Professionalism Committee, Present
Current Employment Position
Classes & Seminars
- Legal Ethics, Cleveland County Bar Association, 2015
- Auto Injury Litigation from Start to Finish, NBI, 2015
- Dealing with the Troubled Employee, NBI, 2016
- Utilizing ADR in Employment Matters, NBI, 2016
- Judicial Forum, NBI, 2017