Barrett T. Bowers
I represent employees who have been treated unfairly or unlawfully in the workplace. There are many laws that protect you at work, and it's critical that you have an experienced advocate to help you, whether you have been wrongfully fired, denied overtime wages, sexually harassed or refused a reasonable accommodation because of a disability.
I have the skill and experience to help you hold your employer responsible at trial, as I've tried many employment cases to a successful plaintiff's verdict. In Diaz v. Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics, I presented Mr. Diaz's claim that he was wrongfully denied a promotion because he was Hispanic to a jury. We asked the jury to return a verdict in the amount of $150,000, but the jury believed the employer's conduct was so egregious they awarded Mr. Diaz nearly $250,000.
I can also help you negotiate with your employer. I've helped many clients settle their claims before trial when it is in their best interests. When it’s necessary to settle, I will make sure you are fairly compensated. Most employers want to pay a minimal amount to resolve cases, but my experience in the courtroom will help you get more financial compensation to help you and your family in a time unexpected and unwelcome change.
My goal is to make sure you achieve a successful resolution to your legal dispute. If that means you want to go to trial, I have the courage and know-how to take you there. If you want to resolve your case, I can help you get the best result based on your unique situation.
I'm married to my college sweetheart, Dominique. She is a pediatric dentist in Oklahoma City. In my free time, I am a competitive amateur bike racer in the Norman and Oklahoma City area.
Areas Of Practice
- Wrongful Termination - Employee
- Failure to Pay Wages or Overtime - Employee
- Sexual Harassment - Employee
- Free Speech Retaliation - Employee
- Whistleblower Retaliation - Employee
- Bad Faith Insurance Practices - Policyholders
- University of Oklahoma College of Law, Norman, Oklahoma
- J.D. - 2011
- Honors: With Distinction
- University of Central Oklahoma, Edmond, OK
- B.A. - 2008
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Oklahoma, 2011
- U.S. District Court Western District of Oklahoma, 2011
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Oklahoma, 2011
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 2011
Past Employment Positions
- Ward & Glass, LLP, Legal Intern
- $233,800.00 jury verdict in Diaz v. State of Oklahoma (first chair)
- $400,000.00 jury verdict in Pettigrew v. State of Oklahoma (second chair)
- $397,000.00 jury verdict in Franco v. State of Oklahoma (second chair)
- $350,000.00 consent judgment in Brewer v. City of Oklahoma City (lead counsel)
- Pettigrew v. State of Oklahoma, 722 F.3d 1209 (10th Cir. 2013)
- Bailey v. Mustang Public School District, 896 F.3d 1176 (10th Cir. 2018)
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2019-2020
Current Employment Position