How Does Car Insurance Work? Let Us Help.
While most states mandate car insurance and most car owners have some type of coverage, they may lack knowledge of the specifics of their auto insurance policy. In fact, the only time the documents get any type of attention is when something bad happens.
In purchasing insurance, you must consider various factors and types of insurance based on your needs. You also want to know how to keep costs manageable.
Oklahoma City Lawyers With Comprehensive Knowledge Of Automobile Insurance
Types of insurance coverage include:
- Liability coverage pays for accidental bodily injury and property damages to others. Injury damages include medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Property damage also includes damaged automobiles with additional coverage paying for a legal defense and court costs.
- Collision coverage pays for damages to your vehicle caused by collision with another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive coverage deals with loss of or damage to the insured vehicle that occurred during hail, fire and other weather-related events (hail, flood and fire) and criminal activity (vandalism and theft), not an auto accident.
- Medical coverage compensates for medical expenses regardless of fault for injuries from a car accident.
- Personal injury protection (PIP) is required in some states. This coverage pays medical expenses for the insured driver, regardless of fault, for treatment due to an auto accident.
- Uninsured motorist coverage pays your car’s damages when an auto accident is caused by a driver who doesn’t have liability insurance.
- Underinsured motorist pays your car’s damages when an auto accident is caused by someone who has insufficient liability insurance.
- Rental reimbursement will pay for a rental car if your car is damaged due to an auto accident. Often this coverage has a daily allowance for a rental car.
Take Action And Secure The Compensation You Deserve
For more information on auto insurance and the coverage provided following an accident, fill out our online contact form or call 405-253-4031. Our auto insurance claim attorneys offer a free initial consultation at the Norman office of Ward & Glass, L.L.P.